annoying Package-Kit box at startup

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 27 12:31:13 UTC 2008

Dear fellow testers,

I probably rememeber someone mentioning this, but I can't seem to find the mail.  Anyhow, when I start the system up, I get this box that pops up stating "Waiting for other tasks" and it stays there for a great while.  I left it there for 3 hours and it did not do anything :(.  I seem to believe that it is package-kit and it is getting to be annoying(this nothing behavior).  I have diabled package-kit before but also thought about it helping testing it out since it is the default.  I still prefer though to use yum in CLI.  There might be bugs already filed, or RFE's with respect to Package-Kit and its behavior.  If I click OK, the annoying box goes away :), but how can I get rid of it for good?

If the medicine is harder than leaving it there, I will click OK everytime and forget about this annoying box

Thanks,

Antonio