F10 Beta testing resaults :)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Sep 30 16:02:22 UTC 2008

Testing hardware Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_1e833eea-791b-4f97-ba29-424a1be3fa48

Testing release Fedora 10 Cambridge Beta i386 DVD.

All test are performed with 200 MiB /boot, 2048 MiBSwap and 7904 MiB LVM
partition.
Keyboard layout set to Icelandic and Time zone to Atlantic/Reykjavik UTC .
Standard Next --> Done installation  with Selinux enabled.
Total 1066 packages install.

Installation.

Kernel parameter(s) needed: Yes nomodeset and ext4 to enable ext4 support

Graphical issues encountered  see Bug 464795 for further detail.
Bypassed by adding nomodeset.

Wired network connection established during install = Yes
Wireless network connection established during install = No
( Probably not supported )

Anaconda crashed during the package installation's
in one of the installs with network error.
I did not having an network cable attached.

Unfortunately I did no have a usb key
at that moment nor was I enable to recreate it..

Necessary was it for me add the kernel parameter nomodeset
to boot time if I did not do that the system would hang in firstboot.

Noticed that Pidgin has been replaced by the crappy not working secfaulting
100%  cpu load causing piece if shit IM better known as Empathy
( Me bitter no well yes.. )

I recommend against replacing IM and strongly advice it will atleast be
put off until
F11 is released.

You dont replace people's IM unless the new IM brings some major
changes/features
CPU eating does not category's as a feature!

Also noticed that s-c-d had been removed from the default install.

Now if only xrandr could show which graphics drivers is being used
*hint* *hint*

Since we are in the process of removing/replacing thing why dont we
remove/replace evolution for thunderbird.

No selinux errors for the first time. :)

I was unable to get bluetooth file transfer to work
Detecting and pairing worked ok..
Sound work out of the box..
Network both wired and wireless work out of the box
NetworkManager with connection sharing seems not to work with wpa/wpa2
Connecting to a samba server work out of the box

Thats good for now..

Best regards
               Johann B.