hplip not installable on f11beta.

Gerry Tool gerrytool at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 00:16:10 UTC 2009

When I try to run hp-setup, I get the following:

[root at f11beta ~]# hp-setup

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.9.2)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 8.0

Copyright (c) 2001-9 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

error: Unable to load Qt4 support. Is it installed?

I didn't find a bug report with this problem, so I tried to report it,
but Bugzilla give a message when I try to Commit the bug: The service
is not available. Please try again later.

Anyone else experience this or get it to work?

Even though hp-setup fails to produce the HP app, the printer and
scanner on the device are recognized by CUPS and SANE.

Thanks.

Gerry