F11 beta xfce i686 spin

psmith johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 3 20:32:09 UTC 2009

David wrote:
> On 4/3/2009 12:38 PM, psmith wrote:
>
>> just a quick question has anyone managed to get the F11 beta xfce i686
>> spin to install on any machine?
>>

>> tia
>> phil
>>

> Kinda' beginning to look like you are the only one to try this.  :-)
>
> I would try it just for you but I don't do BitTorrents. Is it available for
> direct d/l anywhere?

yeah it does look as though i'm the only one to try it so far, but i've
got about 10 or 11 people waiting for me to get it up and running before
we commit it to their netbooks also, i had managed to get these guys to
eventually install F10 xfce instead of windows and as a next step i
wanted them to get involved in filing bugs etc, to bring them farther
into the linux community but so far i can't get it to work.

i've downloaded it twice, both times the checksums were correct, but
both times it always just stops when it should be bringing up plymouth.
i have managed to get the standard i686 live iso to work but the xfce
spin is definately a no go. i wonder who makes the spins? do they test
them after composing them?

thanks for the offer of help but unfortunately torrent is the only way
to get the xfce spins, but i think there had been about 20 copies
downloaded when i stopped seeding, but none of those must frequent this
list lol.

does anyone know where i can contact the guys who composed the spin and
ask them to check it out?

tia
phil