F11B No mouse, exception writing filesystem info

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 4 13:11:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

Just tried F11B on my Intel D845GERG2 system.

The default video drive worked mostly for Anaconda (i.e. not the basic
driver). There was minor corruption but it was perfectly usable.
However, there was no mouse. But I can confirm the keyboard shortcuts
work well! At least as far as...

...laying out the file system. I tried to make custom changes, deleting
an existing ext3 partition and creating a new partition using the
remaining free space. Unfortunately when I clicked Write Changes I got
an Exception Occurred message. I've copied the start of the traceback as
I wasn't able to save it:

anaconda 11.5.0.38 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devices.py", line 1142, in _computeResize
     currentGeom = partition.geometry
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devices.py", line 1164, in resize
     (constraint, geometry) = self._computeResize(partition)
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/deviceaction.py", line 245, in execute
     self.device.resize(intf=intf)
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 659, in
processActions
     action.execute(intf=self.intf)
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 210, in dolt
     self.devicetree.processActions()

The second time I tried it (with a network cable attached so that I
could save the traceback) the original ext3 partition had already been
deleted and I didn't get the problem second time around.

I'm just posting these here in case anyone knows if these are already
logged. Otherwise I'll add them to Bugzilla.

Regards,

Leon...