Unable to update Rawhide

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Apr 5 09:07:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 09:50:59AM +0100, Adam Huffman wrote:

> At the moment I'm unable to update my Rawhide laptop.
>
> It seems to be an rpm rather than yum problem, because the same thing
> happens if I try to update packages manually.  Here's a typical attempt
> with yum:

This was covered awhile back (but I thought it was fixed--however, if
you're updating after a long interval, you probably got caught by it.)

There was a major rebuild, so the solution is

yum update rpm

After that, it should work.

(It might be in the current release notes, I know it got documented
somewhere.  Again, this is assuming you're using a somewhat older
snapshot and haven't updated in awhile.)

If you're well aware of that issue and this is something else, then
apologies.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: I just talked to Buffy, and yeah, I think she's feeling a
little... insane. No, not bitchy crazy, more like homicidal
maniac crazy. So I told her to come see you, 'kay?