F11B No mouse, exception writing filesystem info

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 5 16:28:52 UTC 2009

Leon Stringer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just tried F11B on my Intel D845GERG2 system.
>>
>> The default video drive worked mostly for Anaconda (i.e. not the basic
>> driver). There was minor corruption but it was perfectly usable.
>> However, there was no mouse. But I can confirm the keyboard shortcuts
>> work well! At least as far as...
>>

> Managed to complete the install. Second time around, the existing
> partition had been deleted and creating a new one didn't get the
> exception. However I did get an exception at the end of the install
> process but again my attempts to save it were thwarted. That said I
> booted and got the first time configuration pages but still no mouse.
> (Nor was I prompted to set up any networking).
>
> I've now done a yum update and still no mouse -- except that it is
> working, just not drawing the cursor. Using the 'show position on Ctrl
> key' I can just about work out what I'm doing.
>
> The video display is fine but hasn't detected my monitor so I'm running
> at low res (800x600).

'nomodeset' fixes my mouse and gets me 1024x768 (although it should be
higher). The exception at the end starts:

anaconda 11.5.0.38 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devices.py", line 2687, in eject
     log.arning("error ejecting cdrom %s: %s" % (device, e))
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/installmethod.py", line 47, in doMethodComplete
     dev.eject()
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 25, in moveStep
     rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda)
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 128, in gotoNext
     self.moveStep()

Can't find it in Bugzilla yet (but there are a lot of exceptions to
trawl through)...