gateway AMD64 laptop locks up once or twice a day

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Apr 8 10:30:35 UTC 2009

  on my gateway MX7120 (amd 64 athlon cpu), my desktop locks up hard
maybe once or twice a day -- the only thing still functional is the
cursor, which has the "I" format.  that's it -- i can move the cursor
around via the USB mouse but nothing else -- no switching virtual
desktops, no activating windows, no menu selections, no virtual
consoles, no Ctrl-Alt-Bksp to kill my X session, nothing.  my only
option is a hard power down and reboot.

  thoughts?  i'd bugzilla this but i have no idea what i'd be
bugzilla'ing.

rday

http://crashcourse.ca
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday