Rawhide 64 death from Profound Disk Corruption

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 16:36:48 UTC 2009

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> Here is  a screenful of the deluge of error messages.
> If these are stored somewhere it's news to me, given
> the nature of the problem.

When testing new distros it's often beneficial to do something like a
serial console or netconsole to grab kernel messages, if you are having
kernel problems.

e2fsck output can always be redirected or tee'd into a file for later
analysis.

A snippet from the middle of the fsck run helps, but the more info, the
better.

Did anything interesting happen before this event?

Thanks,
-Eric