firefox is regularly dying

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 18:51:09 UTC 2009

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   as of earlier this morning, firefox has simply aborted
when i try to
> do nothing more than follow a perfectly decent link.  it's
happened
> three times in the last 20 minutes.  is anyone else seeing
firefox
> just going away for no reason?
>
> $ rpm -q firefox
> firefox-3.1-0.11.beta3.fc11.x86_64
> $
>
> rday
> --

> Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo,
Ontario, CANADA

>         Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel
Pedantry.

http://crashcourse.ca
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday
> Twitter:
http://twitter.com/rpjday

No.

Mine is living too long.

I have:

rpm -q firefox
firefox-3.1-0.11.beta3.fc11.x86_64

when I close it, most of the time, the process is not ended,
so when I want to restart it, it says another process is
already running, and I have to kill the old one first. It
happens about 75% of the time.