F11 mode setting fails on Radeon

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun Apr 12 20:03:57 UTC 2009

I tried the F11 beta snapshot 1 live CD on my Thinkpad T41 (Radeon
Mobility 7500).

When I boot with default options, the boot screen lights up in the lower
left corner.  The lit portion of the screen spreads until the entire
screen is mostly white.  The machine appears to continue to boot, and
the keyboard remains responsive (at least caps-lock toggles the LED),
but nothing I type appears to have any effect.  In particular,
ctrl-alt-del doesn't reboot, ctrl-alt-bksp doesn't restart X, and
ctrl-alt-Fn doesn't give me a virtual console.

Booting with the nomodeset option seems to work just fine (though, of
course, without the graphical boot screen).

Which component should get this bug report?

Thanks.
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences