Specifying How Yum Downloads Updates

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Tue Apr 14 11:14:13 UTC 2009

psmith wrote:
> Seth Vidal wrote:
>>
>> the download by pkg size behavior was changed precisely b/c of how
>> many raving complaints we got about it.
>>
>> Seems like we can't win.
>>

> what does it matter the order, it's going to take the same amount of
> time to download and install the updates anyway lol
>
> phil

Obviously, some people have different criteria from you as to what
appeals to them. There is some value to knowing which files remain to be
downloaded. I personally found the pkg size behavior more pleasing.
(Seth, I thought that you would want confirmation that you can't win)
But I will agree that "raving" is a bit extreme.