Specifying How Yum Downloads Updates

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:02:10 UTC 2009

2009/4/14 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 21:24 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>
>> > the download by pkg size behavior was changed precisely b/c of how many
>> > raving complaints we got about it.
>> >
>> > Seems like we can't win.
>> >

>> > And the first person to say "well then make it an option" gets told to
>> > stop talking until they're maintaining the code.
>> ----
>> those are the people who infuriate you by eating the icing from the
>> middle of the Oreo's first.
>>
>> I'm clearly just eat the cookie kind of person.
>
> I like the download-by-package-size behaviour, but I ALSO eat the icing
> first.

I like having all the packages downloading all at the same time in
parallel including the text output turning into a garbled mess. This
textual garbled mess will then distract me from the fact that most of
the downloads will fail due to timeouts.

Can i please have this behaviour as a command line option in the afore
mentioned choose-your-own-adventure branch :)

In case you can't tell i don't eat Oreo's at all and instead eat fruit
cake (you are what you eat).

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...