new install: how can i not have enough space?

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 21:40:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 17:11 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> Quoting François Cami <fcami at fedoraproject.org>:
>
> > On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:53:38 -0400
> > "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> argh!  i just started a new install on my laptop, so i could divvy
> >> things up into numerous logical volumes.  i selected a pile of
> >> software, only to be told that my selected packages require 4698 MB of
> >> space and i don't have that much available.
> >>
> >> excuse me?  i have separate LVs for /, /home, /usr, /var, /tmp and
> >> /opt, with the *smallest* of those being 5G (/usr is 16G, /home is
> >> 50G, all the rest are 5G).  how exactly do i not have enough space
> >> with 16G for /usr?
> >
> > F10, rawhide ?
>
>    ok, i could have mentioned that it's an x86_64 install of f11 beta. :-)

It sounds like you should retry with Fedora 11 Snapshot 1; the
announcement [1] mentioned that "Lots of work has gone into the storage
code of Anaconda since the Beta release, please do re-test with these
images if you had difficulty installing the Beta."

If it's still broken in snapshot 1, then I'd suggest filing a bug in
bugzilla.

Hope this is helpful
Dave

[1]