new install: how can i not have enough space?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Apr 14 21:54:16 UTC 2009

Quoting Chris Lumens <clumens at redhat.com>:

>> >    ok, i could have mentioned that it's an x86_64 install of f11 beta. :-)
>>
>> In that case it sounds like a bug introduced in the recent anaconda
>> rewrite.  Have you looked in bugzilla?  If you don't see something
>> similar there already, file it.  (It might well be there already.)
>
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/492614

   would you be able to be more specific about how anaconda is screwing up the
space calculation?  i would dearly love to be able to get this install done
and have multiple LVs, and i'm willing to be stupidly generous with whatever
logical volume is causing the problem since i can always go back later and
reduce the size.   or is it just not that simple?

rday