Specifying How Yum Downloads Updates

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 15 02:28:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Bob Gustafson wrote:

>>> ----
>>> those are the people who infuriate you by eating the icing from the
>>> middle of the Oreo's first.
>>>
>>> I'm clearly just eat the cookie kind of person.
>>
>> I like the download-by-package-size behaviour, but I ALSO eat the icing
>> first.
>>
>> I reject your orthodoxy, tyrant!
>> --
>
> When it comes to yum, there is only one tyrant..

eyeroll.

yes. I'm a horrible tyrant b/c I generally think that the only line of
code that is bug free is the line of code that WAS NEVER WRITTEN.

I also think that LESS CODE == BETTER.

I do not think features are always better and I frequently think that
having a knob for everything doesn't help anyone, least of all the
maintainers of the code.

-sv