Specifying How Yum Downloads Updates

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 15 13:48:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Bob Gustafson wrote:

>> The only problem I see here is that Evolution depending on openldap was a
>> surprise to you.
>
> And 152 other packages that got whacked too..

Take any other package manager and attempt the same thing with those same
package dependencies and see what you get. I'll give you dollars to donuts
that you get the exact same behavior.

And remember what I said above: The same package dependencies.

If you want to be upset that evo has a hard dependency on openldap that's
fine - you can be upset about that but you should realize that is not
yum's fault.

-sv