Draft email to maintainers regarding Priority / Severity in Bugzilla

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 20:53:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 20:17 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 04/15/2009 07:25 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Dave Jones wrote:
> >

> >> The only way I see it ever being a useful field is if it
> >> isn't visible to anyone but the person the bug is filed against
> >> They after all, are the only people equipped with enough
> >> information to determine how severe a bug is in context
> >> with every other bug.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > I agree. Leave it up to the owner of the bug to manage this field
> > based on their experience. Not someone else.
> >

> RFE Filed #495985
>
> Add your + and or comments there

Please stop running ahead of the process. We already mapped out a plan
for this process via the proper system - the Bugzappers meeting, where
it was approved that I would draft a proposal (which is what this is) to
be sent to -devel-list in the future, by email. You have now taken your
own personal interpretation of this out to a much wider audience than it
was intended to be put to at this point, which is only going to confuse
things.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey