F11 mode setting fails on Radeon

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Apr 15 22:35:12 UTC 2009

Brian Vuyk wrote:
> Where would this option  be in KDE? I looked in the 'Keyboard & Mouse'
> settings, and there was no such option. I had to resort to setting
> DontZap by hand. Is the something yet to be added?

It should be under Country/region and language settings / Keyboard layout /
Enable keyboard layouts / Advanced, somewhere in the huge tree of xkb
options. If it's not there, make sure your Rawhide is fully up to date.

If you don't have keyboard layouts enabled, you should already have
Ctrl+Alt+BkSp enabled. DontZap should no longer be needed, and in fact
setting DontZap to false has no effect now as false is the default again
(the option is now at xkb level), assuming your Rawhide is fully up to date
(that's a very recent change).

        Kevin Kofler