video playback issues with kdenlive on Fedora 11 beta

Andrew Smith eurodrew555 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 16 22:07:48 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I'm currently testing Fedora 11 beta x86_64.

I'm specifically testing kdenlive (non-linear video editor) before
Fedora 11 is released.

The first install went great, with kdenlive absolutely stable and the
whole system extremely fast on ext4 (I'm amazed how much faster
everything is to be honest!)

All was good for a day or two and then I did a full yum update to the
system.

On the next start up of kdenlive any attempt to render any video plays
for a second or two and then freezes.
I have directly tested inigo and ffplay and both also freeze up.

If I play back the same video file with vlc it plays perfectly.

I do not know what specific package versions I was on but I do recall
seeing qt being upgraded in the yum update.
Also some xorg and x11 packages.

The rest of the GUI in kdenlive is still responsive, so it looks like
it's just the render thread that's frozen.

Cheers,
Andrew