network question

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 05:12:59 UTC 2009

John wrote:

> Message: 11
> Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:09:56 +0800
> From: John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>
> Subject: Re: network question
> To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
>    <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>
> Arne Chr. Jorgensen wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > Have some network problems and wonder some:
>
> Have you thought of conducting your own research, rather than assuming
> everyone here's sole purpose is to answer your questions?
>

> There are three useful links in my sig, describing how to ask useful
> questions and what to do first. Please, read them. It will help you
> enormously if you do, consider their advice and follow most of it.
>

> Oh, this is _not_ a list for test posts. There are too many posts already.
>

>--
>
> Cheers
> John

Hi John,

Thanks. I will read your documents. And yes, I am trying to investigate
things myself, and I know some questions I may ask, may seem plain.
I have struggled with some issues before, and there are certain leads, and
I do try..

This particular hardware have some problems, and it is difficult to figure out. There are some wrong register usage in hardware and bios, is my gut feeling.

Difficult stuff as it is not a single application that is wrong. It is different on an intel based machine.

If you can halt the machine from running by simply lifting your finger
from proximity of the touch-pad, what does that tell you ?

That I am a  highly static-electric person ? ;)

( give me access to the schematic drawings, and I would understand a bit more, programming API etc.  Best of all, a new brain, and time ;)

//ARNE