Rawhide coming together today.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Apr 20 21:51:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 15:22:57 -0500,
  Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> So you never visit youtube.com or hulu.com? Please don't consider your
> opinion valid in a use case scenario.

No I don't have much interest in either of those at this time.
They are popular for entertainment purposes but I find it hard to consider
them essential.

> I'm not a fan of Flash either, but until corporations adopt HTML 5,
> Theora, and Vorbis, we are stuck with this. Ignoring it may be an option
> for you, but not for a majority of the world who wishes to enjoy
> streaming video.

Well I am not likely to want any video or audio (even in open codecs) enabled
by default. It's just too annoying as commonly used. If I am specifically
interested in audio or video, I normally prefer to download it and play it back
with something other than firefox.

> As for the security risk, run it inside of nspluginwrapper, which it
> should be by default. Risk taken care of.

Yeah that helps if you are running selinux in enforcing mode.