How to label top level non default dirs

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Tue Apr 21 14:19:52 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 14:55:29 you wrote:
> On 04/21/2009 08:55 AM, Tony Molloy wrote:
> > On Tuesday 21 April 2009 13:25:52 you wrote:
>
> I don't know what context the script is running as, but if it is run by
> a user it is probably running as unocnfined_t, which will be able to
> write, if it is running as a init script or cron job it should probably
> just work.

The script runs as

system_u:object_r:default_t      janus-config-centos-5

and is run by root after the install it works OK.

I'm  rebuilding a test server and I want to run it in enforcing mode. So I
want to sort out all the little SELinux problems. So I was just thinking if
there was a "generic context" which you could use to cover the situation
where you really didn't want SELinux to have anything to do with a
partition/directory. I suppose not because that would defeat the purpose of
SELinux.

Thanks,

Tony

--