Testing needed for dual boot systems

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Thu Apr 23 09:42:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 04:32 -0400, Christopher Beland wrote:
> Doing a bit of grub triage, I found several people not seeing non-Fedora
> operating systems in their boot menus.  Some of these bugs were filed
> against grub, but should these really be considered anaconda bugs?  Or
> is it reasonable to request as a future feature that grub detect other
> operating systems itself?
>
> If you have another operating system installed (or are willing to do
> so), the anaconda maintainer has requested more testing to see if these
> bugs are fixed.  It would be useful to see if you can reproduce any of
> these bugs in the version reported and in Fedora 11 beta or later.

I dual boot vista and Fedora (currently rawhide) and grub detects both
OS's just fine for the most part.

Maybe it depends on how they have them arranged on their disk(s) and/or
how they are formatted?  Maybe those are unusual cases?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org