One or more disks are failing

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Apr 28 13:32:04 UTC 2009

On 2009/04/28 20:42 (GMT+0800) John Summerfield composed:

> Go to your disk manufacturer's website and look for any diagnostic
> tools. IBM, before it got out of the disk business, had its Drive
> Fitness Test program on a floppy disk image of PCDOS 2000 (or so) ready
> for users to download, write to a floppy and boot. Hitachi inherited
> that, but I don't know the state of play.

> Other vendors (eg Seagate) also provide test programs for their disks.
> Some _might_ require Windows.

Or goto http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ and download and burn and boot it. It
has all the drive manufacturers' disk test software on it, among many other
useful diagnostic and configuration utilities.
--
"He who works his land will have abundant food, but the
one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/