Ext4 FAQ

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 20:52:10 UTC 2009

> Hi
>
> I have put up a FAQ at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ext4_in_Fedora_11
>
> I will be expanding this over time. If you have other unanswered
> questions, do let me know.

I think the backward/forward compatibility section should state a little
more clearly that, if you do everything the default way, you won't be
able to mount ext4 partitions as ext3 (unlike the situation with
ext3/ext2; you can always mount an ext3 partition as ext2). It does
imply this, if you read it carefully enough, but we really need to whack
people over the head with it to be sure it's understood.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey