touchpad tap status in F11 pre-release?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Apr 29 13:26:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 08:37:55AM -0400, Jason Farrell wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *post-login*. To re-enable tap2click for KDE, XFCE, other WMs, and system-wide
> (including gdm), users are expected to manually copy /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/
> 20thirdparty/10-synaptics.fdi to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ as root, and then
> uncomment (correctly) the TapButton settings.
>
> (I do wish the tap2click default would stop flipflopping)

Thanks for that information.  It doesn't seem to be working properly for
me, but I suspect I missed a comment or something and will play with it
later.

At any rate, the synclient works well, I boot into runlevel 3 and do
much of my work in console, so I just have the three commands in
.xinitrc.

synclient TapButton1=1
synclient TapButton2=2
synclient TapButton3=3

that seems to do the job.  (I assume that people booting into runlevel 5
can put it somewher