Upgrade from Beta to Preview

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Apr 30 06:15:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 17:41:16 -0400,
  Brian Callahan <cmdrunix at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to change from Beta to Preview with yum ? I checked the
> > preview and the fedora-release rpm is the same as the Beta release.
>
> >>If you are willing to go past the preview use yum update.
>
> What do you mean. I was running Fed 10 and did a yum upgrade . I have

It is hard to get exactly to the preview release. You can use yum to
upgrade from the beta to current rawhide, but that will include some
updates to things in the preview release.

> been yum updating since yesterday morning. My system still shows
> rawhide. I was just thinking that the preview release would change the
> repos from Rawhide to Fed 11 or even 10.92 but I am thinking now that it
> doesn't get changed until the Final release. I just do want to be on
> rawhide once I am on Fed 11. I will run the rawhide on a different boot
> disk or in a VM.

The repo change hasn't happened yet. I think that's a week or two before
the release that that change is made. If you want to stay on rawhide you'll
need to change your repo files back after the change.