rhythmbox issues

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:57:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:16:42AM -0700, Rob Healey wrote:
> ed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM, <fedora-test-list-request at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Message: 14
> > Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:10:05 -0400
> > From: Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: rhythmbox
> > To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
> >        <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> >
> > On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 19:07 -0700, Rob Healey wrote:
> > > When I try to import an ogg file, it goes into the import errors
> > > instead.  Is there a known problem with this or is it just me?
> >
> > What does file say about it?
>

> I am sorry, but I am not sure what you mean???  If you mean file properties,
> then here it is:
>
> Ogg Audio (audio/ogg)
> 4.0 Mb

Check the path that rhythmbox searches for new music. Check the permissions on the folder and if the files are on a separate drive then make sure that its available (mounted) or you will get import errors. That is what happened last time I saw import errors. Hope that helps.

On another note: Please do not respond to the digest or if you must then please be considerate enough to trim out the irrelevant. A lot of people will just send messages like this to /dev/null ( the trash ) without reading them. I normally just chuck them but at least you changed the subject line so next time trim out the excess and we will all be happier. Especially you since you'll get more replies that way.

--
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand" --Albert Einstein

Bored??
http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Fuqwit1.0

http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Coding_the_Magic_into_the_Eight_Ball