what *is* the proper recipe for 64-bit flash support?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Apr 2 17:49:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Scott Robbins wrote:

> I have a little page on this--note I suggest editing
> /etc/sysconfig/nsplugwrapper, but have heard that this might cause
> issues with selinux, so you might want to skip that part.
>
> http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/flash64.html

  ah, excellent.  a couple more dumb questions, if i might.  at the
moment, i've configured things to use the "old-style" way of getting
64-bit flash, where /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so is a
symlink to /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so, and that latter
file is part of the flash-plugin.i386 package.

  i'm guessing that i can just "yum remove flash-plugin", which i
believe removes the symlink, and simply dump that new .so file into
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.  it's self-contained so that should be all i
need, right?

  do i still need the nspluginwrapper packages if i go this route?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.