F11-Beta-x86_64-Live-KDE.iso = F11-Beta-i686-Live-KDE.iso ?

Scott Beamer geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Apr 3 08:08:30 UTC 2009

Not long after the release announcement I downloaded F11-Beta-x86_64-Live-
KDE.iso, burned the image to a CD and installed to my hard drive.

After rebooting I noticed that I in fact was not running X86_64 but i686.

Unfortunately I didn't notice till I'd started adding a number of
packages and noticed they were all i5/686.

A "umame -r" after that showed in fact I was not running x86_64.

I'm not sure what happened there but rather than risk wasting bandwidth
downloading what seemed to be incorrectly labeled images again I then
downloaded the boot.iso for rawhide x86_64.

To make a long story short, I did end up with what I expected this time
around X86_64 and not i686.

I had then intended to immediately check this and the devel lists as well
as buzilla to see if anyone else had a similar experience but got
sidetracked till now.

>From what I can find there are no bug reports relating to this and nobody
else has mentioned having the same experience here.

To make sure I wasn't crazy, I downloaded F11-Beta-x86_64-Live-KDE.iso
again (It was done about an hour before I wrote what you are now
reading), but this time from a different mirror.

After booting up the Live CD I did a "uname -r" again and alas, no X86_64.

If I'm interpreting this correctly F11-Beta-x86_64-Live-KDE.iso is
mislabeled both in terms of the name of the disk as well as the name that
appears at the top of the GRUB menu when you first start this disk up.

Is this a bug or a feature?  If it's the former, what do I file the bug
report against?

Thanks

   Scott
Now running 2.6.29.1-37.rc1.fc11.x86_64