Draft for 'Bugzilla processes and procedures' mail to developers

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Apr 4 00:05:57 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> We do, however, need to define what 'cantfix', 'wontfix', 'notabug',
> and 'worksforme' are for.

I've already mentioned what I use WORKSFORME for.

For the others, I thought it was pretty clear:
* CANTFIX = This is a bug, but it is impossible to fix in Fedora. Most
commonly because the bug is in some third-party (usually binary-only)
component which we do not even ship, e.g. the nvidia driver.
* NOTABUG = This is not a bug, but an intentional design feature.
* WONTFIX = Anything we won't fix for some other reason, e.g. because the
affected Fedora release(s) is/are no longer supported.

        Kevin Kofler