Testing Anaconda

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Sat Apr 4 01:34:12 UTC 2009

On 04/03/2009 03:01 PM, James Laska wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 14:39 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How do we test the new anaconda?  I don't see any images dir on the
>> mirrors, but do see the new anaconda in the packages dir.
>
> Greetings Clyde,
>
> It appears that the nightly i386 rawhide compose failed
> (http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/rawhide-20090403/logs/i386.log).
> I suspect the release engineering crew is in the loop, but I've pinged
> Jesse just in case.
>
> Images do appear to be available for x86_64 if that is of use.
>
> Thanks,
> James

got x86_64 boot.iso from a mirror, anaconda version -40 in packages dir,
but askmethod install said version -39, so not sure what I tested....

Anyway, whatever it was, tried btrfs and no problem with installation
except for about one hour wait for anaconda to decide to do the install
after selecting packages to install and clicking next.