F11 beta xfce i686 spin

psmith johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 4 09:57:05 UTC 2009

Scott Beamer wrote:
> psmith spake thusly:
>

>> David wrote:

>>> Kinda' beginning to look like you are the only one to try this.  :-)
>>>
>>> I would try it just for you but I don't do BitTorrents. Is it available
>>> for direct d/l anywhere?
>>>

>> yeah it does look as though i'm the only one to try it so far, but i've
>> got about 10 or 11 people waiting for me to get it up and running before
>> we commit it to their netbooks also, i had managed to get these guys to
>> eventually install F10 xfce instead of windows and as a next step i
>> wanted them to get involved in filing bugs etc, to bring them farther
>> into the linux community but so far i can't get it to work.
>>
>> i've downloaded it twice, both times the checksums were correct, but
>> both times it always just stops when it should be bringing up plymouth.
>>

> Is this from just booting the Live CD or is this from booting from the
> hard disk after installing?
>
> If it's the former, I'll be happy to download and burn the image and see
> what happens when I boot.
>

>> i have managed to get the standard i686 live iso to work but the xfce
>> spin is definately a no go. i wonder who makes the spins? do they test
>> them after composing them?
>>

> I'm beginning to wonder that myself.  I just posted about a problem I had
> where 11-Beta-x86_64-Live-KDE.iso = F11-Beta-i686-Live-KDE.iso.
>
> Scott

thanks scott, it's from just booting from the live image itself, i can't
even get to a desktop to install it to the hard drive lol

as for testing them, well tbh i don't think they did, but they obviously
have more bandwidth to waste at redhat than i do, almost 6gb of
downloads and i still have only 1 of 3 iso's working, this is not a good
ratio!

phil