Upgrade of KVM installs

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Apr 5 17:42:48 UTC 2009

After repeated failures to upgrade installs using KVM for testbed, I found this
which works for me. Please don't tell me I shouldn't have to do this, I agree.
Please don't tell me if it doesn't work for you, unless you have a better trick,
I'm just trying to be helpful.

After the base install (which hangs on reboot):
- yum upgrade yum rpm
- yum upgrade PackageKit
- yum upgrade
 From the command line, obviously.

Hope this helps someone, works on bare metal i686 installs as well, haven't run
the x86_64 except from the Live cd.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>