F11 Beta KDE Live and nouveau

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Apr 6 04:24:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 19:59:19 -0600,
  "Dariusz J. Garbowski" <thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I have just tested F11 Beta KDE Live CD.
>
> Good news: for the first time I had X start without any proprietary
> drivers on my NVidia GeFore 6600! Thanks to everybody who made this
> possible.
>
> I run test cases as described for Nouveau Test Day:

Note that there were some Nouveau updates between Beta and the test.
I thought they made a special spin just for the test, but I might be
mistaken.

And I think there were a few as a result of the test as well.
So you might see some improvement if you were to try things out again
with current rawhide.

My interest in Nouveau just went up this last week as I got some hand me
down machines with nVidia cards in them.