No i386 images in rawhide,

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon Apr 6 18:57:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 20:46 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>>> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/rawhide-20090403/logs/i386.log
>>
>> i386 on x86_64 borking could easily fit the recent NSS thingie, which is
>> exactly a multilib issue (bug 494122, nss-softokn-freebl getting pulled in
>> for just one, possibly wrong arch on multilib systems). See if it goes
>> away with nss-3.12.2.99.3-7.
>
> I really don't think that's the case, unless somehow something went so
> wrong that you're getting an x86_64 package in an i386 chroot.  We're
> using an x86_64 host to generate an i386 chroot, so all the content
> inside the chroot should be i386 (well i386/i586/i686 but you get the
> picture)

The problem would be on the x86_64 host generating the root, if it were to
be the NSS-issue. But ok I suppose the host isn't running rawhide... So I
suppose it's something completely different, I just fail to see what
could've caused such a thing in the last couple of days.

>> The errors look like memory corruption of sorts (garbled/truncated macro
>> strings), if that goes away by updating NSS then it's probably some
>> path(s) not correctly checking for failures from NSS (there are probably
>> plenty) and tripping up something else in turn.
>>

> Updating NSS where?  These chroots are being made from the koji
> static-repos for dist-f11, is there a newer nss that is not even in
> koji?

The latest NSS on koji and supposed to be in next rawhide compose but ...
if Peter is seeing similar errors on Geode then it's really something
quite different. Maybe something limited to ix86, I wouldn't notice as all
my boxes are x86_64. Getting late here though, I'll try to see if I can
somehow reproduce it tomorrow. Rawhide seems to really be living up to its
name at the moment...

 	- Panu -