rawhide update schedule and reporting dependency issues?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Apr 7 10:34:45 UTC 2009

  as a short followup to my post yesterday that there's currently a
dependency issue in f11 beta "yum update" involving the kernel,
whenever i do a fedora update and i get one of those dependency
errors, i typically assume it's just a timing issue and, given a few
hours, things will right themselves.  under that assumption:

  1) when those things happen, what's the proper reaction?  certainly,
it's not worth a bugzilla but is it worth just mentioning on the
appropriate mailing list, maybe to just confirm that others are seeing
the same thing?

  2) what is the regularity of fedora update, um, updates?  that
dependency issue is still occurring on my f11 beta system, but i get
the impression that it will be fixed in the next updates refresh.  how
often does that happen?

  thanks.

rday

Robert P. J. Day