modprobe.d question

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 02:00:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 19:07 -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Recently, there have been loads of messages about the files in
> modprobe.d requiring .conf.
>
> Now, for the most part, this has been resolved. Nevertheless, I
> notice that one such file remains on my system: blacklist-visor.
> It is dated 2008, although I have F11beta/rawhide. The file
> contains only the words 'blacklist visor'.
>
> Has this file been obsoleted? Or will it be renamed with a .conf
> at some future point? Should I leave it and ignore the error
> messages, or can I delete it?

[adamw at adam Download]$ rpm -qf /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-visor
pilot-link-0.12.3-19.fc11.x86_64

So, file a bug on pilot-link . You can delete it or keep it and ignore
the messages, the latter is probably 'cleaner'. The errors have no
consequence; for now they're just warnings, and in future all it'll mean
is the file will be ignored, so just the same as if you'd deleted it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey