Rawhide Install failure

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 00:59:07 UTC 2009

Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 16:24 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>>> Today's 64 bit rsync pxeboot install fails right after entering the
>>> root password.  The message is: An error occurred attempting to load
>>> an installation interface component
>>>
>>> className = PartitionTypeWindow
>> This is not bugzilla.
>
> Nor is bugzilla the fedora-test maillist. People are different,
> therefore so is their workflow. I think people on this list should be
> more accepting of this fact, especially since reading of fedora-test
> is advised early in the rawhide test process:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide#Testing_Rawhide

"First, read the fedora-test-list mailing list, where Rawhide users
discuss the latest changes. You'll find discussion of significant
changes and warnings of severe breakages here. Reading test-list daily
is key to staying on top of Rawhide. Secondly, report all the bugs you
find in Rawhide to Bugzilla.  Remember to file bugs according to these
best practices. Please remember that bugs should always be filed in
Bugzilla. Reporting bugs on the mailing list or IRC is not sufficient,
as these reports rapidly become lost in history."

Bugzilla really and truly is the place to report bugs.  Anywhere else
stands a much greater chance of getting lost.

-Eric