firefox is regularly dying

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sun Apr 12 12:56:32 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 16:58 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
> > Yep!  I have seen it before.  It is even worse.  It freezes my
> > machines that I need to restart machine(press and hold power
> > button).  I ran it from command line and I saw that it segfaults,
> > but I could not save it(the message), and I had to reboot again :(
> >
> > is it i586 or x86_64?  It has happened to me on the two x86_64
> > machines.  Now I prefer to use konqueror more because of this and it
> > is faster and snappier too, only the flash does not work, but I can
> > live with that :)
>
>   i've only ever seen this very recently, and with x86_64.

As mentioned in another thread, think the issue is with his flash
version for 64bit.  Maybe you need to update yours if not already to
latest alpha/beta release and make sure it's copied
to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ dir?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org