ath9k dead periods

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Apr 14 10:26:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 11:21:15PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:

>    Is anyone else having problems with the ath9k wireless
> drivers in current rawhide? I find that for all of the
> kernels recently in rawhide that the wireless throughput
> with dry up periodically.

I've been seeing it more in Ubuntu based systems than in Fedora ones.

(Although someone commented that installing backports on Jaunty helped a
great deal, which I also found to be the case.)

Fedora's been, more or less, reliable for me with it.  While I've gotten
dropped connections from time to time, I have been able to do big yum
update connections with it.

However, haven't used it in a week or so, so it's quite possible that
it's changed recently.

Still, *generally* speaking, F11 has given me about the best out of the
box connection with an N wireless card.  (I don't have Windows on the
machine, so can't comment on how it does compared to MS.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Dinner is served. And my very own recipe.
Willow: Ooh, you pushed the button on the microwave that says
'popcorn'?
Xander: Actually, I pushed 'defrost', but Joyce was there in the
clinch.