kdm and user photos/pictures on the login screen

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Apr 14 12:35:04 UTC 2009

Joachim Backes wrote:

> I'm running kdm in F11 Beta.
>
> I think this is an often asked question, but I didn't find any solution:
> Is it possible to configure KDM so it shows the pictures which gnome
> users provided by  "system->preferences->about me" on the login screen?

I thought it already did (or is supposed to anyway).  I take it by your
comment that it doesn't.  I can help make it work, if I get a clue what
gnome does with the picture provided in "system->preferences->about me". ??

Otherwise, setting this via kde's
systemsettings->About me
should work too.

-- Rex