Smolt question

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 18 02:08:03 UTC 2009

Jerry Amundson wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:37:04 -0500
> From: Jerry Amundson <jamundso at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Smolt question
> To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
>    <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
>
> > On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Arne Chr. Jorgensen
> > <achrisjo at yahoo.com> > wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > Some has asked about my hardware, and I thought I could use smolt.
> > Opening in Gnome, the UUID is ...shoot, have to copy it by hand:
> >
> > UUID  35a83161-913c-412f-91a8-e64bbd096c42
> >
> > If I try "My Smolt Page" - firefox is loading forever, and I can not
> > access it.
> >
> > I just wondered if any of you could try the number above. Someone here
> > included their hardware in a link, which worked. I don't know why I am
> > not able to do that.
>
> smoltSendProfile --help
> for example
> smoltSendProfile -a
>
> will show the url when it complete.
>
> jerry

Thank you:

Did "smoltSendProfile -a

Using the information on the bottom, gave
" Error: Critical: New versions of smolt use a public UUID. Yours is:   pub_165cffbb-6c02-46d3-84e5-f81db90bcd53"

Using this new number, gave a page. If this is accessable by others,
I have no idea. Perhaps some admin settings would be needed.

Using the admin password given, gave another "Error: Critical...." but I don't have any other then the one supplied.

The graphical smolt-app is clearly failty.

//ARNE