firefox is regularly dying

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 08:01:01 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 05:19 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> as of earlier this morning, firefox has simply aborted when i try to
> do nothing more than follow a perfectly decent link.  it's happened
> three times in the last 20 minutes.  is anyone else seeing firefox
> just going away for no reason?
>
> $ rpm -q firefox
> firefox-3.1-0.11.beta3.fc11.x86_64
> $
Looks like there is xulrunner at fault... Epiphany is regularly dying
for me as well (though at first glance I do not see to experience it as
often as you do). This is for the first time WebKitGTK is stabler than
gecko for me... Actually the webkitgtk version in rawhide is rock
stable... I suggest you try it out, midori is pretty interesting
web-browser.

$ rpm -q xulrunner
xulrunner-1.9.1-0.11.beta3.fc11.i586

Martin