does alpine not reply to the Cc list anymore?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Apr 18 17:38:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Christopher Beland wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 12:55 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > i asked about this before (buried in the midst of another post), but
> > with the alpine mailer, if i reply and state explicitly that i want to
> > reply to *all* recipients, alpine no longer replies to Cc recipients.
> > has anyone else noticed this?  this is new behaviour.
>
> Unless the message you are replying to has a Reply-to: header, it sounds
> like a bug.

  as a concrete example, here's something in my inbox:

Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:32:43 +0200
From: Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net>
To: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
Cc: linux-wireless at vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: bad reference to atheros ar71xx config variable?

  i reply, *explicitly* select "reply to all recipients", and this is
the constructed header for the reply:

To      : Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net>
Cc      :
Attchmnt:

  the linux wireless CC entry is missing.  yes, that strikes me as a
bug so i'll BZ it.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday