DNS issues

Richard Körber fedora at ml.shredzone.de
Thu Apr 23 20:48:58 UTC 2009

Hi!

Okay, I have found the reason...

This is a x86_64 installation. In order to install Google Earth, I had
installed some i586 packages. One of it was nss-mdns. And this one is the culprit.

I have removed the nss-mdns-0.10-7.fc11.i586 package, and in that very moment,
everything was working fine again. As soon as I reinstalled it, the DNS
problems came back. Finally I installed both the i586 and x86_64 package of
nss-mdns, and now everything is fine.

The question is: is this a bug in nss-mdns? Or is this an error in layer 8?

--
Regards,
Richard "Shred" Körber