any thoughts on why firefox is still nad-grindingly slow?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Apr 24 10:22:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, Bill Crawford wrote:

> On Friday 24 April 2009 11:08:15 Riku Seppälä wrote:
> > Christopher Beland wrote:
> > > Weren't you having video driver issues?

> > Well if it works with seamonkey, then it can't be video driver issue?
>
> Yes, it can.
>
> Program A uses feature X.
> Program B uses feature Y.
> Driver has a bug in feature Y.

  i'm willing to entertain suggestions for tests.  just now, i had one
invocation of firefox and one invocation of seamonkey running.  i
terminated seamonkey, and it went away.  i terminated firefox and it's
still sitting there, in limbo, with the "quit firefox" dialog only
partially displayed on the screen, after 30 seconds, utterly
unresponsive.

  as i said, i'm open to suggestions but, at this point, firefox seems
to be totally unusable on this system.

rday
--

p.s  oh, the "quit firefox" dialog finally finished drawing on the
display -- more than 60 seconds after i asked it to quit.  that

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday