gnome-screensaver causes hard lockup when selecting "random"

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 18:31:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 08:43:16PM -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
>> G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
>>> Selecting "random" in the gnome-screensaver preferences dialogue box
>>> causes a hard lockup of the system requiring a reset to recover.
>> Immediately, or after preview, or after a screensaver kicks in, or
>> eventually ?
>>
> Immediately.
This may be asking a lot depending upon how many screensavers you have
installed, but I would try going through the screensaver list manually
and see which of the screensavers causes a lockup (I daresay there must
be at least one; it sounds to me like it's a screensaver preview that's
causing the lockup). Once you have it isolated to some subset of the
screensavers, file the appropriate bugs against the radeon driver. Just
a thought,

- Ben