Bugzappers: requests from maintainers for special treatment

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 28 02:29:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 18:30 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> How do you know which bugs you've triaged or not?

I'm adding "Triaged" in the Keywords field, and this is documented on
the /Components_and_Triagers page.

I was told this keyword "already existed" in Bugzilla, but such keywords
are only useful to the degree that people agree on what they mean and
know to use them.  Is there a central dictionary for such items?  If so,
I have not come across it.

-B.

> We originally killed it because we thought there was no way to track
> every unique way of triaging bugs that each developer might want.  After
> that we moved to the newer model whereby individual triagers triage bugs
> for specific components only.

It would be easier to perform system-wide tasks and recruit triage
volunteers if there were universal procedures and definitions.  I mean,
it does make sense to vary procedure if doing so makes sense for a
particular component, but I think not-particularly-necessary variations
do have a cost.

-B.